NETWORKING is a key element in hunting for your new job. However, too many of us spend the majority of our time online rather than making personal visits. One productive avenue is the Job Club. There are job clubs and there are job clubs, some have mostly formalized presentations on the various steps in the job hunt, and some mainly provide individualized templates for a more productive job search.
What follows is a compilation of job clubs in the major metro areas of Minnesota; there are both church-sponsored and secular groups listed, but do not disqualify yourself from a job club just because you do not belong to a particular church or faith. Many groups, such as the Jewish Vocational Service, do not dispense any kind of religious message. JVS is more likely to offer career assessment testing and computer training.
Please add to the list the Work Ministry (at WorkMinistry.com), Jewish Vocational Service (at iajvs.org/iajvs_affiliate_agencies.htm), and Crossroads Career (at CrossroadsCareer.org).
M I N N E S O T A J O B C L U B S
(organized by city or metro area)
The Job Transition Network meets at Constance Free Church, 16150 Crosstown Blvd, NW Andover MN, on Monday nights from 7-9 pm. 763-434-5995
The Mt Olive Networking Group meets at Mt Olive Lutheran Church, 700 Western Street, Anoka, MN on Wed. mornings at 9:30 am. Go upstairs to the choir room. Help desk is at the front door. Job hunting help, emotional support, plus info on COBRA, unemployment, etc. Nina Gribble at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Valley Networking group meets at Bethlehem Lutheran Church, 490 4th Street N, Bayport, MN on the second Monday of each month from 7-9 pm. This is a non-denominational group with networking and some speakers. Call 651-439-3450, email angel at bethlehemstar.org, or go to web site at www dot bethlehemstar.org
BLAINE (2 groups)
- The Networking Group meets at Work Force Center on 1201 89 Ave NE, Suite 220, on Mondays at 1 pm, Tuesdays at 1 pm, and Wednesdays at 1 pm for 90 minutes. Call 763-783-4800 or check web site PositivelyMN.com.
- The Veterans Job Club meets at the Work Force Center on Tuesdays from 9-11 am. This is a VETERANS ONLY group. Call 763-783-4800, or check web site PositivelyMN.com.
- The Sales and Marketing Professionals Network, Inc. meets at Oak Grove Presbyterian Church, 2200 Old Shakopee Road, (intersection of Old Shakopee and Penn), every other Saturday at 9 am. There is a charge for executives' networking support. Contact George Burr 612-669-0455, email him at gburr at localmarketmedia.com, or check the web site at www.SMPnet.org.
- FEI or FENG (Financial Execs Internat'l) -- FEI and FENG meet at Lee Hecht Harrison International Plaza, Suite 505, 7900 International Drive, Bloomington, MN on the last Thursday of the month at 7:30-9 pm. FEI has a reduced membership fee for finance execs in transition. FENG is free but must have a sponsor to join. Contact Mark Richards at 612-859-8869, email to richards_mj at msn.com, or visit web site at www.thefeng.org.
- Minnesota Manufacturing Network -- This group meets on Tuesdays 9-11 am on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. Network with manufacturing professionals with at least ten years of experience. Meetings by invitation only through LinkedIn.
- MN Workforce Center, South, (Bloomington) -- 4220 West Old Shakopee Road, #100, Bloomington MN on the first and third Friday from 9:30-11:30 am. Support and networking. Contact Lee Shumate at 952-346-4028 or go to web site PositivelyMN.com/hennepinsouth
- Health Care Professionals Networking Group meets at MN Workforce Ctr. -- Hennepin South at 4220 West Old Shakopee Road, #100, Bloomington, MN on the first and third Tuesdays, from 9:30-11:30 am. This group is for those who want to explore new or non-traditional health care fields. Contact Susan Speetzen at 952-346-4028 or check the web site PositivelyMN.com/hennepinsouth.
- The Starbucks group meets on Wednesday. Networking specializes in those in sales or marketing. By invitation only.
- Career Networking Group – The MN chapter of the Project management Institute (PMI-MN) meets at the Hilton Hotel, 34th Ave. and American Blvd. East, Bloomington, MN on the third Monday of the month from 4:30-5:30 pm. Has networking, speakers and workshops. Call 651-917-6246 or check the web page pmi-mn.org. You may also email careernetworking at pmi-mn.org.
HIRED and DEED job club meets at the Workforce Center (North) at 7115 Northland Terrace, Suite 100, Brooklyn Park, MN every Monday at 10-11:30 pm. Must pre-register so contact Nancy Buysse or Al Miller at 763-536-6000 or web sites PositivelyMN.com and HIRED. Org.
NHCC Job Support Network meets at the North Hennepin Community College, 7411 85th Avenue North, Brooklyn Park, MN every other Wednesday at 5-6pm. Room ES 01. Contact Gretchen Rixie, Director of Student and Workforce Support, at 763-493-0501 or email grixie at nhcc dot edu. If Gretchen is unavailable try Kathryn Quam at 763-488-0475 or Sue Smith at 763-424-0710.
Faith Based Job Search meets at the Living Word Christian Center at 9201 75th Ave. North, Brooklyn Park,MN on the first and third Fridays of the month from 7:30-9 pm. Room SG2. They hold a six-session course on varioustopics from resume writing to driving out fear. Contact FaithBasedJobSearch dot com, or email info at FaithBasedJobSearch dot com, or call 763-315-7000.
- The Veterans Job Club meets at the Workforce Center on 7115 Northland Terrace, Suite 100, Brooklyn Park, MN every Friday 9-11 am. Sign up at front desk. Call Mark Mann at 763-536-6073.
The Job Connections Group meets at Prince of Peace Christian Life Center at 200 East Nicollet Blvd, Rooms 200-202 on Tuesdays at 6:30-8:15 pm. Co-sponsored by Prince of Peace and Shepherd of the Valley churches, this club sponsors speakers, helps with job hunt skills and networking, and holds small group discussions. Call 952-898-9388 or go to the web site at princeofpeaceonline dot org and look for the Job Connections Group.
The Networking Job Club meets at MN Workforce Center for Dakota County at 2900 County Road 42 West, Burnsville, MN every Wednesday from 10am-noon in Suite 140. Often has speakers or presentations. Call Mike Lang at 952-895-7600 or email michael.lang at state.mn.us.
The Veterans Networking Job Club meets at Minnesota Workforce Center for Dakota County at 2900 County Road 42 West, Burnsville, MN every Monday from 10am-noon in Suite 140. Often has speakers or presentations. Call Harry Ostendorf at 952-895-7656 or email to harry.ostendorf at state.mn.us.
The St Hubert's Catholic Community group meets at 8201 Main Street, Chanhassen, MN on the second and fourth Tuesday at 7-8:45 pm. Sounds like this is more for moral support than anything else. Call George Davisson at 952-443-0010.
- The Westwood Job Transition Group meets at Westwood Community Group in Room 116, 3121 Westwood Drive, Chanhassen, MN on the first and third Monday of the month at 5:30-7 pm. Networking, prayer, speakers, etc. Contact Matt Beck at 952-457-8866 or check the web site at westwoodcc dor org.
The Going Forward Job Club meets at the Puerta Vallarta Mexican restaurant, 3800 Central Ave., Columbia Heights, MN on the last Monday of the month from 6-8 pm. This group works in conjunction with Women achieving New Directions, a Resource program. For both men and women. Dinner is provided. Child care available if needed, but must RSVP. Call 763-788-9009.
The North Metro Job Networking Group meets at Church of the Epiphany, 1900 111th Ave., Coon Rapids,MN, on Tuesdays at 6:30-8:30 pm. This is a non-denominational group open to all, but it does open and end with a prayer. Occasional speakers, with networking, job leads, and search strategies. Call Dick White at the church office, 763-755-1020 or email to richardwhite01 at msn.com.
- The Surviving Unemployment Life Challenges group meets at the Church of the Epiphany, 1900 111th Ave., Coon Rapids,MN, on Mondays at 6:30-8 pm. This is a non-denominational group open to all. Call Mary Maness at the church office, 763-755-1020 or email to mmaness4 at yahoo.com.
The Minnesota Management Society meets at various locations three or four times a year. Networking and speakers. Contact Brian Thomas at 952-544-9464 or email bsthomas at bitstream.net
The Easter Job Transitions Group meets at Easter Lutheran Church, 4200 Pilot Knob Road, Eagan, MN on Tuesdays at 7:30-9 pm. Guest speakers, discussion groups, videos, networking and more. Call Catherine at 651-452-3680 or email to catherine at arbez.com. You may also go to the web site at EasterJobs.org.
The St. Andrew Lutheran Church group meets at St. Andrew, 13600 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN on Wednesday at 11:30am-1:30 pm. For networking and more call 952-937-2776 or go to the web site at standrewlu.org.
The Job Transition Support Group meets at St. Andrew Lutheran, 13600 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN on Monday at 7-9 pm. Networking, speakers, small groups. They have a Yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com/group/JITSG.
The IT Networkers at St. Andrew Lutheran Church meets at St. Andrew, 13600 Technology Drive, Eden Prairie, MN on Wednesday at 10-11 am. Networking, speakers, small groups. They have a Yahoo group at groups.yahoo.com/group/ITNetworkers.
- The Crossroads Career Network meets at Grace Church of Eden Prairie, 9301 Eden Prairie Road, Eden Prairie, MN on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30-9:30 am inside the Divine Grind in the cafeteria. Speakers, career search topics, networking, prayer and support. Contact Dave Sparkman at david.sparkman at uhc.com or check the web site at ccnatgrace.com.
- The 201” Workshops meet at Grace Church of Eden Prairie, 9301 Eden Prairie Road, Eden Prairie, MN on the third Thursday of the month at 6:30-8:30 pm in Room M209. Hands on workshops. Check the web site ccnatgrace.com.
- The Networking Support Group for Sales and Marketing Individuals meets at Grace Church of Eden Prairie, 9301 Eden Prairie Road, Eden Prairie, MN on Thursday mornings 8-10 am, except for the first Thursday of the month. Meets at 9 am on the first Thursday. Contact Wes Tang at 952-949-0035 or the church web site.
- The Back Together Careers Class meets at the eden Prairie Assembly, 16591 Duck Lake Trail, Eden Prairie, MN on the second and fourth Thursdays at 9-11 am. Call the church at 952-934-2327, or email Ron Conroy at ron at conroyconsult.com
- The Wooddale Job Transition Support Group meets at Wooddale Church, 6630 Shady Oak Road on Mondays at 7:15 am. Networking, encouragement and prayer support. Contact Lonny Gulden at lonny at ChiefConnectionsOfficer.com or call the church at 952-944-6300.
- The C-Group meets by invitation or referral every three weeks from 9-11 am. This is for CEOs, COOs or Senior VPs. Introductions, networking and assistance.
- The Christ in Career support group meets at Christ Presbyterian Church, 6901 Normandale Road, Room 316 on the first and third Saturday at 8:30-10:30 am. For more info on their workshops call 952-920-8515.
- The Minneapolis Job Support Workshop meets at Christ Presbyterian Church, 6901 Normandale Road, Room 107 on Tuesday at 6:30 pm. A three dollar donation is requested. This is a job support workshop for managers, professionals, and others. Contact John Wetzel at john.wetzel at right.com, call 612-720-6532 or check web site at mjsw.org.
The Technical Forum meets at Christ Presbyterian Church, 6901 Normandale Road, Room 107 on Fridays at 10-12 noon. Participants report their activities or accomplishments each week to the group. Contact Stan Brown at 952-943-0718 for more info.
The MSJW Women's Network meets at Christ Presbyterian Church, 6901 Normandale Road, Room 316 on the second Thursday at 6:30 pm. Emphasis on challenges women face, and on life skills development. Speakers that appeal to both employed women and those in transition. Check website MJSW.org or call M.E.G. Roy at 612-554-6229.
The MSP HR group meets at various location in Edina on Tuesdays from 9-10:30 am. This is for Human Resource professionals. Speakers every other week. Contact Rich Kenny at 612-860-1116. They also have a LinkedIn group at LinkedIn.com/groups?gid=2614450&trk=myg_ugrp_ovr.
The St. Stephen's Job Search Support Group meets at St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, 4439 W. 50th Street, Edina, MN on Thursdays at 7-8:30 pm in the library. Support, encouragement, networking. Contact Len Slade or John Barrow at jobsupport at ststephens.com or call 952-920-0595.
The SAMS net group meets on Wednesdays. It focuses on those in sales and marketing, but this group is by invitation only.
The S & D IT Subgroup meets at Pentagon park, 4620 West 77th Street, lower level conference room on the second Tuesday of the month at 7-9 am. Give your 30-second commercial (or up to 2 minutes) to each other. Call Philip Brooks at 651-470-1257 or email to philbrooks at comcast.net.
- The S & D Supply Chain Transportation and Logistics Subgroup meets at 12100 Singletree Lane, Eden Prairie, MN on the third Saturday of the month at 8-9:30 am. Give your 30-second commercial (or up to 2 minutes) to each other. Contact Nancy Norman at nnorman at sellsbrothers.com or Dan Feder at dan at kinderco.net.
Smilin & Dialin meets on the second and fourth Tuesday at 6:30-10 am. This networking group is by invitation only.
- The Jobs 4 Us group meets at Hastings United Methodist Church, 615 W 15th Street, Hastings,MN every Monday at 6:30-8 pm. A faith-based group offering devotions and prayer along with practical tips and help. Contact Dan Alsdurf at 480-2116.
The Minneapolitan Toastmasters Career Enhancement Transition group meets at Hopkins Area Family Resource Center, 915 Main Street, Hopkins, MN on Thursdays at 6:45-7:45 pm. Come for job skills and speaking aids. Call David Alrowitz at 952-939-9749.
INVER GROVE HEIGHTS
The Inverhills Work Connection Group meets at Inverhills Church, 8265 Babcock Trail East, Inver Grove Heights, MN on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7-8:30 pm. A faith-based group offering encouragement and prayer with networking and speakers. Call 651-451-3796 or check the church web site at inverhillschurch.org.
- The Job Connections Support group meets at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 7600 Cahill Ave. East, Inver Grove Heights, MN on the first and third Thursday of the month at 9:30 am. Networking and focusing on one aspect of the job search each week. Call Tom Alcorn at 651-245-1988 or email at tralcorn4 at aol.com, or call the church at 651-451-6225.
The Career Connections Avodah Services group meets at Hosanna Lutheran, 9660 163rd Street West, Lakeville, MN on the first and third Tuesday of the month at 7-9 pm in Room 8. They hold one-on-one meetings in Room 2 on Tuesdays from 5:30-6:30 pm. Prayer plus networking and support. A non-profit organization for job placement. Call Howie Nelson at 952-892-6344 or email at howienelson at charter.net. Check the web sites hosannalc.org and avodahservices.org.
The Job Transition Support Group meets at Maple Grove Evangelical Free Church, 8585 Rice Lake Road, Maple Grove, MN on the first and third Thursdays at 1-2:30 pm. in the Kidzone. Prayer support plus networking, speakers, and more. Call Becky Peterson at 763-420-6485 x105 or email her at beckyp at mgefc.org.
The Holy Name of Jesus Church group meets at the church on 155 County Road 24, Wayzata, MN on the first Thursday of the month at 7-9 pm. in the Emmaus Room. Networking introductions and then either a speaker, panel discussion or open networking. Can have job leads emailed to you. Call Cheryl Alexander at 763-416-4570 or email to cherylalexander at comcast.net, or Bill Corrigan at wcorrigan at comcast.net.
The Basilica Employment Ministry group meets at the Basilica of St. Mary, 17th and Hennepin Avenues, Minneapolis, MN for monthly workshops and more. Call Janet Grove at 612-317-3508 or email jgrove at mary.org.
The Career Coffee House meets at Career Crossroads, 2736 Lyndale Avenue South, Suite 212, Minneapolis, on Saturdays at 9:30-11 am. There is a fee of $10 per person for the six-week series of meetings. Please email Career Connections at vicki at CareerCrossroads.us.
The Hand Up Job Club meets at Emerge Community Development headquarters, 1101 W. Broadway Ave, Suite 200, Minneapolis 55401 (corner of Emerson and Broadway), on a bi-weekly basis Monday and Wednesdays, 9-11 am, or Tuesday and Wednesdays from 9am-noon. Must attend an informational session prior to Job Club. Help with internet job search, dress, resumes, cover letters, thank yous, mock interviews, and more. Call Charmaine Cox at 612-787-3776 or Lynn Daniels at 612-787-3773.
The Hennepin Church Job transition Group meets at Hennepin Avenue United Methodist Church, 510 Groveland Avenue, Minneapolis 55403 on the first and third Monday of the month, at 7-8:30 pm. Most attendees live or work downtown, but all are welcome. Practice your elevator speech, share updates, etc. Check web site at hennepinchurch.org.
- The Lutheran Social Service Training and Education Center meets at Lutheran Social Service, 2400 Park Avenue, Minneapolis 55404 in an open lab 9-4:40 Monday, Thursday, and Friday. They offer computer classes Tuesdays at 9 am and 1 pm. Open computer lab for job search, plus assistance with resumes, cover letters, applications. Training in specific job skills and employability. Call Channa Ring at 612-879-5286 or email Channa.Ring at lssmn.org.
The Medical Device Job Transition Group meets at Southview Seventh Day Adventist Church, 5750 South Wentworth Avenue, (SW corner of Wentworth and 58th Street), Minneapolis on the first Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Must have industry experience to participate and be invited. The mission is to give those seeking jobs in all aspects of medical device manufacturing to discuss relevant issues with others in the industry. Email to medicaldevicejobgroup at hotmail.com.
The East Side Neighborhood Services group meets at 1700 Second Street NE on Tuesday and Thursday at 9-10 am. Call Audrey Harris-Blount at 612-787-4051.
The Pillsbury Neighborhood Services group meet at Brian Coyle Community Center, 420 South 15th Street at various times Monday-Friday. There is an orientation session for which your must preregister; open to residents of Minneapolis only. Call 612-338-3808.
The Twin City Employment Collaborative meets at the Sabes JCC, 430 First Avenue North, Suite 620, Minneapolis 55401, on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 10-11 am. Speakers at each meeting, plus support, networking, and advice. Call Ardis Wexler at 952-417-2117 or email to awexler at jvsmn.org.
The Women Achieving New Directions group meets at 3200 Penn Avenue North, Minneapolis on Thursday at 6:30-8:30 pm. Aimed at single, working mothers but single fathers are also welcome. Call Anie Umoeka at 651-752-8500 or 651-752-8554.
- The Medical Suds group meets quarterly at various locations on Thursdays. This group is for those in Medtech, Biotech, and the Life Sciences. Offers education, seminars, networking. Call Matt Noah at 952-934-5424 or check web site at medsuds.com.
- The Net Suds group meets quarterly at various locations. This group is for those in IT and High Tech professions. Call Matt Noah at 952-934-5424 or check web site at netsuds.com.
- MISRC Research Seminars are held at the Carlson School of Business, on the University of Minnesota campus. They meet monthly during the school year.
- Employment Transitions meets at the Westminster Presbyterian Church, 12 Street and Marquette Avenue, Minneapolis on Saturdays at 9-10:30 am. Contact Ken Huskins at krh321 at gmail.com or Claudia Kapitan at 612-332-3421, or check the web site at ewestminster.org.
The Job Transition and Support Group meets at JVS, Suite 300, 13100 Wayzata Blvd., Minnetonka, MN on the second and fourth Tuesday of the mont at 10-11:30 am. Offers speakers, networking, job search skills, check-in, and support. Call Leah Temkin, 952-417-2108 or email to ltemkin at jvsmn.org.
NORTH ST PAUL
The Workforce Center holds meetings on Thursdays at 1-3 pm at 2098 East 11th Avenue, St Paul, Speakers, networking, job leads, job search strategies, encouragement. Call Michael Ellison at 651-770-4491 or check the website at PositivelyMN.com
- The North East Work Search Group meets at North Haven Church, 2240 15th Avenue East, North St Paul, MN 55109 on the first and third Tuesdays at 6:15 pm in Room 102. For networking and job skill development. Call Richard Brunkow at 651-235-3092 or email richardbrunkow at msn.com.
- The Network 24/7 group meets at Messiah United Methodist Church, 17805 County Road 6, Plymouth MN 55447 on the second Tuesday of the month at 7-9 am. Speaker, networking, etc. Pre-registration appreciated. Call Jean Paulsen-Lepley at 612-840-7869 or email lplepley at comcast.net.
- The Plymouth Covenant Career Transition Support Group meets at Plymouth Covenant Church, 4300 Vicksburg Lane, Plymouth, MN 55446 by appointment. One-on-one support and individualized help. Call Pastor Dan Johnson at 763-559-4300 or email at office at PlymouthCovenant.org.
- The Wayzata Evangelical Free Church group meets at 705 County Road 101 North, on the first Tuesday of the month from 7-9 pm. Focus is on spiritual needs. Call Pastor carroll at 763-473-9463 or email carroll.miller at wayzatafree.org, or Jim Villers at JobTrans.WEFC at comcast.net.
The Bridgepath Support Group and Workshops are held at Bridgewood Church, 6201 West 135th Street, Savage,MN on an intermittent basis. One may contact the facilitator for individualized help: Call John Whitmore at 952-830-1420 x 227.
The SOAR for Jobs group meets at St. Odila's Catholic Community Church, 3495 Victoria Street North on the second and fourth Mondays of the month at 7-9 pm. This non-denominational group coaches people to achieve a successful job transition. Offers seminars with guest speakers, mentorship, training, and more. Call 651-484-6681 or see the web site at soar4jobs.org or stodilia.org.
ST LOUIS PARK
- Association of Informational Professions meets at the Northwest Chapter AITP, Doubletree Hotel, 1500 Park Place Blvd., on the first Thursday of the month Sept.-May. The meeting begins at 5:15, dinner at 5:30, and program 6:30-8 pm. Call 612-751-2138 or email info at nwaitp.org.
- The Women in Transition group meets in the Lennox Community Center, 6715 Minnetonka Blvd., Room 212, St Louis Park, MN 55426. It offers two different programs, a day workshop on Tuesday and Thursday 9am-3:30 pm, and a job skills workshop, Monday night at 6-8 pm. Job search seminars are also held weekly. Contact Dina Stender at 612-752-8444 or email dstender at resource-mn.org.
- The Starbuck Networking Group meets at the Starbucks coffee shop at Hwy 55 and Winnetka in the strip mall, on alternate Thursdays 1-2 pm. Informal meetings but much sharing of ideas, leads, contacts. Call Youssef Haddad at 612-791-5544 or email y_haddad at yahoo.com.
- The 7 Degrees Creativ group meets at St. George's Episcopal Church, 5224 Minnetonka Blvd., St Louis Park, MN 55416 on Fridays at 11am-1 pm. Offers networking and support for creative professionals. Call 952-926-1646 or email info at 7degreecreativ.com. Check the web site StGeorgesOnline.org.
- A second St george group, called Transition Group for Creatives, also meets at St. George's on Fridays but is not affiliated with the church. Call John Hegerman at 612-669-7365.
- The Woman Venture group meets at 2324 University Avenue West on the third Tuesday at 9:30-11:30 am and on the fourth Thursday at 6:30-8:30 pm. They help you set goals, develop leads, create contacts, etc. First meeting is free; subsequent meetings have a $35 fee. Call first to 651-646-3808 or check the web site at WomenVenture.org.
- The Coffee Hour group Jobs in Transition meets at Quality Career Services, 2515 Wabash Avenue, Suite LLI on Mondays at 10-11 am. They offer weekly speakers, networking, and are free. Call 651-647-9322 or check web site at QualityCareerServices.org/networking.htm.
- The UU Networkers Job/Career Transition & Support group meets at the Unity Church, 732 Holly Avenue, St Paul, MN 55104, in the upstairs library Mondays at 9:30-11:30 am. The have occasional presentations but mostly it is just the members reporting or discussing agenda items. Call Wendy Frieze at WendyFrieze at mac.com.
- The Veterans Job Club meets at the Workforce Center, 540 Fairview Avenue North, St Paul MN 55104, Mondays at 9-11 am. Veterans only. Speakers and networking. Call Neal Krenz at 651-642-0363.
- A second veterans job service is located at the Veterans Center, 2480 University Avenue. There are no group or regular meetings, but help is offered individually. Call 651-644-4022 for job search help.
- The Big Net Job Seekers group meets at St. John the Evangelist Church, 60 North Kent, St Paul 55104 on Thursdays at 4 pm. Occasional seminars but weekly meetings focus on sharing support and knowledge. Call Claire Eckley at 651-228-1172 or email to cgeckley at juno.com. Also check the web site at TheBigNet.net.
WEST ST. PAUL
The Dakota County Northern Service Center group meets at 1 Mendota Road West, #170, in West St. Paul, MN 55118 on Mondays at 1:30-3:30 pm. The program includes a speaker for the first hour and networking for the second hour. Call Terri Pieper of the Workforce Center at 651-554-5955
The Face2Face Job Search Networking group meets at Unitarian Universalist Church of Minnetonka, 605 Rice Street, Wayzata MN 55391 on the first and third Thursday of the month from 9am-noon. The program offers a mix of speakers, networking, and seminar material. They have subgroups in Sales & Marketing, Finance, Product, Project, Operations and more. Call Joanne Meehl at 612-807-0258 or check the web site at face2face.net.
The New Day Career Connection group meets at Wayzata Community Church, 125 East Wayzata Blvd, Wayzata MN 55391 on the third Tuesday of the month at 7-9 pm. It offers speakers, networking and discussion. Call Christine Smith at 612-710-3388 or email to c.smith at nextsone.netnet.
- The Breakfast Connections: Education for Careers in Transition group meets at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (Wayzata Branch), 445 East Lake Street, third floor conference room, in Wayzata on the econd Tuesday of the month, Sept.-May. Networking, speakers, workshops and more are offered. Contact Sarah Curfman at sarah.a.curfman at smithbarney.com, or call Christine Heine at 952-475-4380.
The Career Transition Connection meets at Woodbury Lutheran Church, 7380 Afton Road, Woodbury, MN on the second and fourth Thursday at 7-8:30 pm. This group offers a mix of the secular and religious, combining prayer with guest speakers on relevant topics, mentoring, and networking. Call Tom Colosimo at 651-739-5144 or check the web site at WoodburyLutheran.org.